It's hard for me to stay focused. I'm the idea girl. I can generate seven thousand ideas a day. I can have 2 dozen tabs open on the computer. I can start 8 different crafts. I can make 4 different budgets. I can have a dozen different long term plans. I can choose to go back to school one day and then the next decide to switch careers and then the week after want to stay at what i'm doing. i can triple book myself with friends very easily. i can have 20 books on the shelf that i haven't read yet--but plan to any day. i have 3 different blogs. a swack of mesage boards i visit every day.
you see where this is going? i can dream very well. i can even be practical to a degree. i can find solutions everywhere and anytime.
what i have problems with? follow through. persistence. perserverance. continuity. flow.
some examples:
- GYM MEMBERSHIPS....are evil as far as i'm concerned. they cost a lot of money and i never go for more then 4 months. i go religiously the first 3 months, and then i start to slide. right down into the pit of complete non-attendance.
- COMMITTEES...they're meant to be joined and then dropped right? even when you're chair, right?
- WEIGHT LOSS....i go back and forth between weight watchers, sommersizing, gorging, and general healthy eating faster then folks can do man makers....no follow through...
- CRAFTING....everyone has piles of started-but-not-finished crafts right? i remember once i even bought a 20 dollar book (on credit card) about how to make these cute little pot people and cute little pot people villages. where are they you ask? still in the book...now if i only know where the book was...no follow through...
- USED BOOK SALES...i go crazy at these buying armfuls and armfuls of books and then never end up reaidng 1/4 of them...no follow through there.
it's happening at home too. keeping up with everything i want to do for andrew. the complicated stuff and the not so complicated stuff (ie. teeth brushing--yep, i've got no follow through on that too).
sometimes blogging helps me stay foccused. except then i make some crazy post about how i'm going to make a post a day and then promptly stop posting the day before. or i say, 'i'm going to drink 8 glasses of water a day for 1 mont' and then forget about it 2 days later.
i used to make lists and promises and oaths and goals and stuff like that...and then would promptly lose them.
i've gotta stay focussed. starting....now.
promise.
0 comments:
Post a Comment