dinah34
Sunday, September 20, 2009
There's been a lot happen since the English were here for their visit. I'll try to remember everything...
- It was a 4 week visit. Honestly, it was hard for me and I missed my space and quiet house. Andrew loved having his grandparents here with him. So did Husband. Mother-in-law had a bit of a fall about a week before they left, so she was quite sore and in low spirits the last week. But, we were all sad to see them go. Next we are going to visit them, so everyone is very excited about that.
- We went fake camping in the Yurt. It was good fun, especially for me because my church was having a camping weekend too. I talked lots, enjoyed good company, drank lots, and enjoyed good fellowship. It was super duper hot (like we're talke 32-34 degrees) so I got sunburnt and bug bitten and was exhausted, but I can't wait to go again next year. I have pictures somewhere around here, I should post them.
- My family ministry project is going wonderfully. It's now named "First Sundays Ministry" and I've got a zillion projects on the go. The Church Council also approved to double my hours (from 4 hours a week to 8 hours a week) and double my pay (from $200 to $400 ish a month).
- Church Council also approved my application for official Inquirer Status. I am scared and yet excited at the same time to start this process. I will be an Inquirer for 12 months and will meet with the discernment committee a minimum of 6 times.
- The dog is good. Cute as ever. Loves to walk still. Sleeps a lot. No further unexpected costs.
- My work is boring.
- Husband had some issues at his job, so after much consideration and number crunching we have decided to change how we live and work. Andrew is no longer in daycare and is going to nursery school. Husband is staying home with him in the afternoons and will pick up a part time job to meet the hole in our budget. It's been 1 week and so far it's going well.
- As I said before Andrew is going to Nursery school. He is so grown up! I have pictures of his first day...I should post those as well.
- Our finances...well...after the 4 week visit with the English...and the costs around the dog...and the unexpected stay at home dadness...and some frivolous spending our finances could better but they could be worse as well. I have to update my side bars. I haven't done that in forerver!
- On the craft front - I was making a huge cross stitch for a friends wedding...but I have woken up and smelled the coffee so to speak. i realize i won't be done until 2011 sometime. Instead I am making them a nice round ripple blanket.
I think that's about it...I hope everyone is caught up now. :P
3 comments:
wow, things have sure been busy!
A very busy summer! I can't wait to read about your pathway to the ministry. I'm also glad that your family came to what sounds like a good compromise regarding childcare and work; it is so hard to do.
Oh my goodness you've been busy!
Post a Comment