dinah34 Sunday, February 7, 2010

I spent the better part of last week making 7 papier mache piggy banks for my Church Service today.

This is the photo montage...
mmm, floury sludge.
The paper on the balloon.
Hanging to dry
Close up of the drying bodies.
The first coat of paint....Husband kept saying it looked like a piggie slaughterhouse
The finished product!
My little herd of piggies.
Awww....these little piggies went to market.

I spent Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and most of Saturday working on these piggy banks.

I started to panic when the paint wasn't completely covering the newsprint...but i went with it and the kids didn't even notice. The idea is that once they are full (or sort of full) that the kids bring them back and the money inside them gets donated to the Mission and Service fund (the United Church fund that does the work of the Church in the world).

Don't tell Husband but, I kind of liked making them. I almost want to make some more...that are maybe a little more grown up and shelacked.

Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

Holy crap! Those are SO cute! And what a terrific idea. They're going to be a huge hit :)

Jessie said...

those are pretty impressive!

AngelaSpots said...

IP is introductory program hockey. It's mostly skills with 2 or 3 real games the whole year. One hour a week. I thought he was too young, as he just had 1 set of skating lessons but I was assured some kids have never been on skates before. Jeremy LOVES it. He is always asking when he can play again.