dinah34 Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I stumbled across this Crochet Flower Hot Pad on Ravelry.  I still had some of the Bad Acrylic Yarn left (okay, I'll be honest there was still a lot of the Bad Acrylic Yarn left -- I swear the stuff must be multiplying when I'm not looking because I feel like I've made thousands of projects with it already).

The pattern is easy enough to do once you figure out how to fold the darn thing.  I do have to admit though that mine definitely don't look as nice as the ones posted in the photo section on Ravelry.  I think mostly because a) I didn't use 2 or more colours and b) because my stitches were too tight and left gaps.  All the pretty ones have no gaps and lie so nice and flat.

I have been crafting like a crazy person for the last few weeks in preparation for Christmas. I have so much to share with everyone in Blogland.

I've made:

  • a scarf & wrist warmers (aka fingerless gloves)
  • countless potholders (& by countless I mean 5)
  • all these little perler bead creations made to look like Mario characters
  • Most of Andrew's name out of these perler beads (only the W left)
  • about 4 dishcloths
  • a few market/grocery bags - 1 looks awesome and the other 2 not so much
  • and I'm in the process of making a scarf for Andrew (& hopefully I will have enough time to make him a pair of mitts and a toque as well).
If I have time (Hah!) I also want to make these baskets using old Christmas cards and a scarf for my young cousin.  Times a wasting!

0 comments: