
Today was the first Sunday that we had Family Sunday at my new/old church. It went so well! The minister got this fabulous resource book called "A Year's Worth of Children's Church" and we are going to use it to help plan the Sundays. It sets up each service into simple and easy to understand parts. Cheering, Sharing, Listening, Exploring, Singing, and Praying. I think it's a wonderful book and I can't wait to use it.
The minister did most of the work on this service and the theme was "Using Our Hands & Noah's Ark". I was solely responsible for the activity in the Exploring section and we finger painted! Each child made a lovely little poster that said "Our Feet Take Us To Where Our Hands Do God's Work" (I put up a picture of Andrew's Poster--he got distracted while he was stamping his hand...). After they did that they went wild finger painting on a huge piece of paper.
I also got my Mom to trace everyone's hands onto felt and I'm going to make a Welcome Banner out of them that the chldren will carry around at the beginning of the Family Sundays.
I really enjoyed myself today. Husband even came and helped! Andrew had a ball and so did the other kids. This really feels like the right thing for me to be doing right now. I feel connected to this and today I felt at ease with the children and helping to lead the worship hour. I felt more connected to God and to my Church then I have in a very long time. Today I did not feel like I was running blind. Instead it felt as if I was acting on behalf of a bigger entity. Today I realized that this is what going to church and being part of a church community and being Christian is supposed to feel like.
Praise be indeed!
PS. Just for good measure I'm throwing in a recent picture of Andrew being his silly old self. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment