dinah34 Tuesday, May 5, 2009


I've been maintaining my Excel Savings Tracker for 2 months now. I love updating it every time money transfers into our saving account, or my payroll savings bond get taken off my pay, or I add change to my Christmas Spare Change Jar, or I get a check from PineCone Research. I'm also improving my skills with Excel, a program that I rarely get to use at work except for my little Excel Tracking Sheet that doesn't use any formula's.

According to my nerdy tracking in March we saved a total of $245.96. This includes everything: EF, Holiday Fund, Car Fund, House Fund, and Christmas Fund. Not too shabby! Seeing the numbers grow every week is an awesome feeling!

But wait! It gets even better! (excuse the exclamation points) In April we saved a total of $251.73!!!!!! $5.77 more. Small, but exciting to me.

I find it absolutely amazing and astonishing that all this started with $10 a week just over 1 year ago. Sometimes I get discouraged about the amount of debt we still carry (4K on the LOC and 14K on the Consolidation Loan and the mortgage) and I get upset at how slowly those numbers are going down. & it sounds silly to say this, but when I start feeling down about the money situation I open up my little Excel Savings Tracker and look at the amount of our total savings. That always makes me feel better.

Dinah is pleased.

0 comments: