dinah34 Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm pleased to report that we have started saving for car repairs/maintenance and house repairs/maintenance. It's small. Minuscule actually. But it's there. & I'm proud that it's there.

2 weeks ago I made a simple spreadsheet in Excel to track our savings. Everything is just going into our savings account and I was getting quite confused trying to figure out how much we had for each category. My Savings Tracker has columns for our EF, Holiday Fund, House Fund, Car Fund and Christmas (which is my spare change jar).

Currently our House Fund has $9 in it and the Car Fund has $11 in it. Small I know, but there. I've decided to start putting my PinceCone Research Checks into these funds instead of putting them into our holiday fund. I've also decided that any money I make from crocheting will go into these funds instead of the holiday fund. In the next few weeks I am going to set up automatic transfers for $5 a week and allocate that money equally into each fund.

I've decided it's fun to save and it's becoming quite addictive....

0 comments: