dinah34 Friday, April 17, 2009

On a lark I applied for another position within the govt that is a couple steps up the pay scale. I was quite pleased when I got an email inviting me to go for a test on this upcoming Tuesday...my present office? Not so pleased, but that's okay.

The invitation had some links that 'I might want to study'...well, the links turn out to be policy, after policy, after policy. About 300 pages printed. I know this because I printed them all and now I'm reading them all. That's my big weekend plans. Learning about employment equity, official languages, and Dr. Mario. Oops, did I say Dr. Mario? I meant area of selection. Yeah, that's right. Area of selection.

Anyways, I keep plugging away and making notes and highlighting. The nerd in me must be coming out because I am actually finding some of it interesting.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

300 pages?! Wow...good luck! And best of luck on the test, too :)

LittleSpots said...

You're finding it interesting? Tell them that and you'll get the job for sure. How can anyone find policy interesting? :-)

Saver Queen said...

Good luck Dinah!

i'm just catching up with some of the success stories on Gail's site. Did you ever get in touch with the CBC newscaster that was interested in interviewing you about your tips for coping with the recession?