dinah34
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I have much to report today. It has been a busy time for us! In summary...
- I wrote the test. It was hard. Very hard. It seriously just focussed on asking questions regarding policy and legislation. There was also an essay question. I am confident that I passed...but I am not confident that I will be one of the top 10 test takers that they are going to interview (there were about 75 people taking the test). Even if I don't get an interview I am glad that I took the test. I learned a lot about the Public Service Employment Act and what happens surrounding appointments and what my rights are as an employee.
- The Dept I work for is making a ginormous pool for candidates for a higher up classification. I am going to apply for that I think.
- I have accepted a 'temp' position at my previous church. It is a very different position from the one I was doing before. This position is focusing on intergenerational worship for families. I have a fabulous relationship with the minister and I will be involved in the creation of the position. It's for 16 hours a month and at this point for about $175 a month. In the fall the position will be posted and I will need to apply for it (mostly to ensure that all qualified applicants get to apply & because my mother is the chair of council and my uncle is chair of M&P) but that's okay. I might find it too much to continue on with...or they might not like my style. I am pretty laid back. I feel much more at ease and excited about this project then I ever did at managing the Sunday School.
- I continue to take my anti-anxiety meds. It is helping. My OCD issues though are always constantly in the background waiting to spring back up. This is a bad time of year for me and my mental problems. It's always a struggle.
- We continue to save and I am enjoying it still.
- Husband went for a job interview today. It sounds like a good job and if he gets he will be ecstatic. If he doesn't get the job we have decided that we are going to try something a bit different. We have been tossing around the idea of husband staying home full time with Andrew and having me continue to work full-time. A big chunk of our budget is eaten up by daycare and a big chunk was devoted to debt repayment. We have eliminated quite a bit of our debt by re-financing the mortgage and if we could get rid of the $400/month daycare payment our budget is not short by that much. The idea would be that husband would work part time (1 or 2 shifts a week) to make up the difference. Anyways...we have asked daycare if we could pull Andrew for the summer months to do a 'trial run'. Basically see if it is something that we could feasibly carry-out. The trial run was husbands idea and I think it is brilliant!
- I am still working on my Round Ripple Afghan. It is getting to be HUGE! I really love the pattern and I love that I am using up yarn that I have had forever. When I finish this one I am going to make another one out of scraps for Andrew. He keeps asking where his blanket is.
Cheers!
PS. Northern Living Allowance...I never connected with that reporter. I sent her an email...but she never responded. Oh well! Them's the breaks. I have been working on another post for Gails Success Blog...maybe I should finish it and send it off to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Busy! Andrew asking for his own blanket sounds just like Jeremy. Which reminds me I promised I'd knit him a sweater and I never have. I'm such a terrible Mommy, or maybe a good Mommy 'cause I'm not an expert knitter and who knows how it would turn out.
You have been busy! Best of luck with everything :) Shame about the reporter, though...still, as you say, send her the finished piece for Gail and maybe she'll follow up after all!
Busy busy busy! But I am happy that all the things you have been doing, are positive things!
The idea of your husband staying home sounds like a great idea! :)
Oh, and I love biggest loser!!!
Want to know the secret to all of my followers? Etsy blog exchanges. You subscribe to them, they subscribe to you. That combined with the new team I'm on and whala 22 followers. I don't know how many actually read it though, but I feel less like I'm talking to myself.
Post a Comment