I've been avoiding doing this for a few months now. I'm not too sure why. Sometimes this happens. I take a small and easy task, often one that once completed will solve many problems, and I avoid doing it. Sometimes I avoid the task because I know it will point out deficiencies in how I/we do things. Other times I'll avoid doing something because I know it is easier to have the ostrich syndrome. Or maybe I'll avoid it because I am just plain lazy sometimes. Sometimes I might be avoiding the task because there might a small aspect of it I don't understand or I'm not clear on...and instead of asking for help...I'll just avoid. Something I'm really working on is not avoiding and becoming more accountable to myself.
Anyways...today I finally made a Money Schedule. I put in every bill we pay (both manually and automatically) and the mortgage payments and the consolidation loan and when we get paid and when our savings comes out and everything I could think of that is a 'fixed' expense. I picked different colors for different types of deductions. I have even listed what bills need to be on the 1st of the month and what bills need to be paid on the 15th.
I'm printing it right now and I'm going to tape it up on our computer desk so we always see what is upcoming. No more excuses!
1 comments:
Dinah, you're doing so great! Keep it up. And remember, information is power. By writing all of these things down & coming up with a plan, you're putting yourself in charge, which is awesome! All hail Dinah!
Post a Comment