dinah34 Monday, February 23, 2009

I seem to have fallen off the Blogwagon. I've updated our Mini Holiday side bar and I'm pleased to report that we have saved $467 for our little mini getaway! That is 63% of our goal. Really, I am just super pleased that we were able to save anything for this trip. We have never saved for a weekend away before. This is has been a super experience for us thus far. The $740 was an estimate for the fanciest of fancy weekends away, we will do just fine with 467 bucks! The only thing getting me through this week is knowing that come Friday I will be relaxing in a nice hotel with a beverage in my hand lazily watching TV.

I have started to take a new medication that has 'drowsiness' listed as a side effect. & it for sure makes me sleepy. I've been going to sleep every night at 9 or 10 PM or even earlier. I've been sleeping right through to the morning. Sleeping this much has not left me much time for blogging or the internet (or cleaning or personal admin stuff). I have an appt with my doctor on Wednesday and I am going to be mentioning the drowsiness to him and hoping there is something we can do about this, because I don't want to be sleeping this much all the time.

We have signed the commitment for the refinancing of the mortgage. Now we are just waiting for it all to go through and to meet with the lawyer to sign the papers. I can't wait for it all to go through. It will cover paying the Car Loan, and our misc cc debt and about half of the Consolidation Loan. With what we are saving in monthly payments we will be able to aggressively tackle the Consolidation Loan and the LOC and if all goes according to plan be consumer debt free in 1 year. After that we are going to concentrate heavily on EF saving and planned spending saving while also throwing money on the mortgage.

Tomorrow I'm going to do the interview that Nic left for me in my last comments. I'm already starting to think of answers. Cheers, I'm off to sleep now...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you!! 63% is awesome!! :) Hope you have an awesome getaway!

LittleSpots said...

I've missed your blog posts. I hope you can get your medication figured out so you can get more energy. I need to be entertained damn it. :-)

Irene said...

Glad to hear you're doing so well, I was wondering how you were doing. Being consumer debt free in 1 year is awesome! I think it's totally obtainable for you, and because it's only one year, you can see progress fairly quickly. Good for you, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Yeah on building the weekend trip goals! Wanna help me build mine up? lol!

Hope those side effects banish soon! :)