
I have been doing a lot of thinking and reflection for the past few weeks. I finally decided that it was time to approach my minister and ask for him to begin the process for me to discern a call to ministry. It's a long process, and while I still feel hesitant in some ways about the whole thing I also finally feel some level of peace surrounding feeling a call from God.
The first step is the Inquiry Stage where Presbytery will set up a Discernment Committee that I'll meet with over a period of 1 year to ascertain if ministry is indeed my calling and what kind of ministry I would do best at.
Over the next little while I want to write more about my call and about the church and about jesus and my place within all of this.
Right now I'm excited, scared, nervous, serene, and curious.
2 comments:
Wow! This is amazing and exciting! If you get your master's of divinity (what you need to be a minister, right?), will you go to Knox College in Toronto? A mum of DH's friend did that when her son was like 25 and while it was hard to live away from home, she was firm on her path to God.
Good luck!
@Macnic - I won't have to leave Winnipeg to do my Master's of Divinity. I can take it at the University of Winning. There is also the Centre for Christian studies here if I choose to follow the lay ministry path or the diaconal ministry path.
I was actually briefly enrolled in the MDiv program in 2002. I took one course and then never continued on with it...
Post a Comment