With the arrival of Scout and Husband's holiday pay being disbursed on every pay cheque we need to re-evaluate our saving scheme. It feels like I spend quite a few many posts doing this. :P But that's okay, because life is always changing! Nothing in our financial plans should ever be set in stone.
The new plan for our savings program:
Currently saving $210 a month. Husbands holiday pay is about $80 a cheque (so $160 a month) and adding in money for Scouts fund.
380 a month into savings and planned spending to be distributed in this
way:
$80 - EF
$20 - Scout Fund (this is for trips to the vet, medications, unexpected things like that - her food and treats will come out of our general
spending)
$20 - House Fund
$20 - Car Fund
$240 - Holiday Fund
I know it seems like a lot to put towards the Holiday Fund but we really really really want to go to the UK next year for husbands friends wedding. Husband looked up plane tickets for the 3 of us to Manchester and it was 4K, so it is an expensive trip and we are hoping that his parents will help out with the costs seeing as how they won't be coming here that summer for a holiday.
Once the EF reaches 1K (our first goal) I was thinking of reducing our monthly contribution amount from $80 to $60 and redistributing that $20 a month into our planned spending. Yay or nay?
2 comments:
I don't know if you need so many separate accounts. I would do just one large emergency fund and one holiday fund. You guys are doing awesome!
Are you budgeting Steve's lost wages in the holiday budget? I guess he won't get paid when he takes vacation.
What do you usually use for planned spending? like... dinners out? stuff like that?
Post a Comment