dinah34 Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yesterday was my First Sunday Service. It was chaotic, fun, exciting, vibrant and all over the place all at once. We had 12 children!! That is a plethora of lively, crying, laughing, running-all-over-the-place children! It might not sound like much, but before we started the First Sundays Ministry there was 1, maybe 2, and at the most 3 children attending my church. It is wonderful to be part of this exciting worship.

It's exciting, but for me it's also scary. Planning and presiding over a children's service is definitely fly by the seat of your pants! The kids never do what you would expect (or hope) them to do, but it is still good fun.

I want to learn more about public speaking because I always feel lost or rushed or confused while I am presiding over the service. I was thinking about toatmasters? Anyone know anything about that? Any other tips?

0 comments: