So far I have spent $274ish on Christmas. This is presents for Husband, Andrew, the dog, the Secret Santa I participated in, and stockings for the 3 of us. Husband and I don't usually exchange gifts...but I did buy him a few little things this year. I told him about this, so I wonder if he's gotten me anything.
I've paid off $143 of it and I'm deciding how I want to pay off the other $130. I know, I know I didn't pay cash for everything. Spank me now. I can take it.
We have $30 in our house fund so I am planning on using that. That would bring the balance down to $100. I'm thinking of taking $1oo out of our Emergency Fund. I know Gail would scowl at, but really using the EF is better then having debt right? Spank me now. I can take it.
I still have to pay the sitting fee ($180) for the photographer for my whole family's portraits. The sitting fee is my gift to my whole family (ie. parents & grandparents and extended relatives). I don't have funds saved for that (except for money in the EF). I know, I know, spank me now. But i have a super secret plan. We almost always get some money for Christmas from people, so my plan is to use our Christmas money to pay for the sitting fee as we aren't taking pictures until December 29th. Super secret plan sound okay?
This is the really the first year that I have not stressed about Christmas. Actually, I've hardly given it any thought. Once I decided to do the photography thing and I agreed with my friends not to exchange gifts and Husband and I don't really exchange gifts. All I've had to worry about is presents for Andrew and Christmas stockings for the 3 of us. It's nice just being able to relax and enjoy the season...especially with 2 weeks off work!
0 comments:
Post a Comment