dinah34 Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Before

 I went through my stash and pulled out all the little & medium balls of leftover yarn and put them in my basket.  Immediately I realized 2 things:  A)  A lot of my little bits of yarn are not even from things I have made, but rather leftovers that others have given me and B)  I need to do something with all these odds n ends.

The Basket is overflowing.  I also have a75% completed Hexagon Baby Sweater Disaster to unravel and an unused Dog Sweater to unravel.  The Basket has yellows, reds, beiges, black, and white.  There's not too many blues and greens, which I am a little worried about, but I am hoping that it will resolve itself...or that I will find some more yarn in those colors.
My Mom is moving to an apartment in November, so I decided that I should make her a lap blanket for her new place using the Box Stitch (which I am in LOVE with).  I figure it will be a good way to use up all these little bits of yarn, even the ones that only wrap around my fingers a couple times.

This is the beginning...
The During

This is it today.  I've started decreasing.  I plan on doing a fairly wide border.  I think it's looking very pretty.  I love all the colours together.  I think having a rainbow in a blanket is something everyone needs.


Add caption
The basket is also looking emptier, which is nice.  I love destashing and knowing that I am making something cute and fun out of leftovers.



Super Mega Close UP!!!!

0 comments: