dinah34 Friday, October 1, 2010

My goal for this year is to read 25 books.  I've read 14 so far.

These are them so far:

1.  Mission Shaped Children by Margaret Withers
2.  Harry Potter And The Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling
3.  Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
4.  Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella
5.  Reflecting With God by Abigail Johnson
6.  Little Bee by Chris Cleave (I'm almost done this one, I highly recommend everyone read it as it is a beautifully written book with a compelling story)
7.  Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
8.  Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
9.  Harry Potter And The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
10.  Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling 
11. Curly Girl:  It's More The Just Hair by Lorraine Massey
12. Leadership Can Be Taught by Sharon Dolaz Parks
13.  I read a book about interviews...but now I can't remember what it was called...it was really good with actual practical stuff to think about.
14.  I also read a silly kind of book about how to survive in a job that you don't like.  It was funny...but I can't remember the title either...

Other Books...

Harry Potter And The Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling -- still reading this...kind of slow going this time.
Be The Pack Leader by Cesar Milan -- I read about half of this and then kind of lost interest and returned it to the library because it was overdue.
Monk Habits for Everyday People by Dennis Okholm  -- still haven't started this...but somehow we spilled water on it and now it's kinda wrecked.  I guess I owe $25 to minister who had leant it to me.

My main problem seems to be that I read 1/4 or 1/2 a book and then lose interest in it or the deadline for reading it for my Discernment Committee has passed and I don't finish it.  I can think of 4 books so far this year that I've done that with.  I think I have a short attention span.

0 comments: