dinah34
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
I think I did not so bad on the costume. I made the hat and the overalls; the sweater is his. We went to Boo At The Zoo on Saturday so it was our Pre-Halloween trial with the costume. It was all great, except the overalls are about 8 sizes too big (even with pants on underneath) and the fleece straps stretched quite a bit (& quite quickly too). I cut a big wide belt and slapped it on and tied it as tight as it would go. I rolled the pants legs and did a horrible horrible hemming job. With those fixes in place we headed out to the zoo.
Overall the costume held up well through the evening. the hemming job gave out close to the end, but the belt held him up. He was definitely warm and definitely more stylish then the store bought Mario's and Luigi's.
There's the Kindergarten Halloween Party on Thursday and Trick Or Treating on Sunday, so I plan on doing a much better hemming job (I don't want to cut the material because hopefully he'll wear it next year too--or is that wishful thinking?) and maybe sewing the belt on? We also need white gloves. Forgot about the white gloves. I'm not sure what to do with the stretchy straps though.
So, would I make another costume? I don't know. It was a lot of work and it wasn't any cheaper then a store bought one. (although I have scads of leftover green felt and blue fleece--probably enough to make a super hero cape for Christmas)
 |
| Super Mega Close Up! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment