dinah34 Saturday, April 7, 2007

We're in Grand Forks this weekend, but I'm staying at the hotel while the baby has his nap so I'm just checking in and making a quick post.

1. We weighed ourselves yesterday. I was 263.5--so basically down 2 pounds from the last disaster of a weigh in.

2. The States is a fabulous place to shop for plus size clothes. I'm loving the selection, the price, and the fact that they're not in 'plus' size sections, they're just in amongst the regular clothes.

3. I tried to go to the gym yesterday (Good Friday) before we left, but the gym was closed. boo.

3. This morning me and my friend went to the little gym the hotel has and i did the eliptical and the treadmill and the recumbent bike for a little bit. Definitely not up to my normal standards or exercise, but good to get the blood moving. We went swimming yesterday and will go again today definitely.

4. Raquel I found the cool new template just by googling 'free blog skins' and going from there. There's a link to the site that I got it from on the side of the blog somewhere...I'm not sure I like this template. Kinda dark, kinda gloomy and it doesn't handle pictures well. I think I'd like to pick something more positive looking.

5. & Best of all...Steve went for an interview a few weeks back for the company that my uncle works for. It was for a shipper/receiver job. We never heard back and Steve felt the interview didn't go well so we just assumed he didn't get the job. I got him to phone my uncle and just ask 'what was up' cause I also know sometimes this comapny is just slow in hiring people. Well apparently they've given the shipper job to someone else, but the interviewer decided that Steve was more suited to another job (a Tech Support job) and has passed his name along for that department instead! My uncle said someone will most likely call sometime this week to proceed further. Pretty cool eh!?!

0 comments: