dinah34 Sunday, May 18, 2008

Alright folks, it's confession time. I am an SOE. I have a huge Sense Of Entitlement. Somehow in my head I can rationalize that I deserve a wonderful house, new cars, to eat out every other day, buy stuff, and go on fabulous weekends away. I'm sad to say that I am one of the main reasons why were a not in a good place financially. I can talk myself into charging nearly anything onto my credit card. I mean, heck, I even briefly considered putting our closing costs for the house onto a credit card.

I find it very dificult to live within our means. I'm always planning something that is just outside our reach and will always put us further in debt. A good example of this is wanting to plan something fantastic for my 30th Birthday. I start thinking about this right when Steve loses his job and we're supposed to be cutting corners? What am I thinking? Why can't I get on track with becoming financially fit?

How did I become an SOE?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I too have a huge SOE. It sucks, and I don't know how I got to this place, but I did.