dinah34 Thursday, May 1, 2008

I have decided that even though things may seem to be falling apart all around me, I am still luckier then 99% of the world’s population. There are so many things that I need to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my son. He is perfect and I love him. We are so lucky that he is healthy and was always healthy in-utero. We never had to deal with an irregular ultrasound or amnio or the knowledge that our child might be born anything other then perfectly healthy. Someone I know has had to deal with the decision of what to do after finding out, at 20 weeks, that the baby has Down’s syndrome. I could never deal with a situation like that and I am so thankful that I have never had to.

I am thankful for my husband. He is kind and warm and gentle. & he puts lotion on my feet when I ask, even though he dislikes doing it. & he scratches my back. & he let’s me pick the movie most of the time. & he swept me off my feet & I am more in love with him today then I was 4 years ago.

I am thankful that my mom is here with us today, living in her own home, driving, and working. My mom woke up paralyzed from the waist down 3 years ago and the doctors weren’t sure if she would ever be able to walk again. They told us not to be surprised if she was confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life. They call her recovery, ‘miraculous’ and it is indeed a miracle.

I am thankful that I have the knowledge regarding how to live a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Even though I have problems putting the knowledge into action at least I am lucky enough to know.

I am eternally thankful that I am Canadian. I know there are problems here and it’s not picture perfect, but really, It’s a fuck of a lot better here then elsewhere. I have money in the bank, money in the jar, money in my pocket. It doesn’t matter that that all that money only equals a couple hundred dollars…it is still more then 99% per cent of the worlds population. There is a good social system here. We don’t have to pay to see a doctor. We have doctors. There is EI. There are systems in place.

I am thankful for the Earth. For sunshine. For flowers. For mud. For grass. For air. For wind. For rain. For everything. I am thankful for the time to enjoy nature.

I am thankful that I have Hitched. I don’t know what I would do without that place. Hitched was the first place I turned after Steve phoned me. They know everything about everything and are a bunch of fabulous ladies (& men) who always know what to say—even if it isn’t quite what you want to hear.

I am thankful for my spirituality. I am thankful that there is something higher up there that is looking out for me. I am thankful that I represent my beliefs and tenets in a non-threatening and warm manner.

Today, I am thankful for being alive.

0 comments: