
I had my appointment with my shrink today and we both agreed that I'm ready to go down to 1 appointment in June and 1 in July and after that I'll just go to the bi-monthly drop in sessions they have when I feel I need to.
She says that my biggest hurdle will be controlling my reaction when I'm put in the anxiety inducing situation and remembering to implement the strategies I've learned.
I'm so super happy right now! I feel like I could burst. I can't believe that I suffered alone for so long. I can't believe all the crying and fear and loneliness and isolation and moving and rituals and craziness I put up with for 9 long years.
I seriously urge anyone who is plagued by anxiety or fear or compulsions to seek help from the medical community. Get referred to a free anxiety program if that's all you can afford. I waited well over a year to have a spot in the program but the year was totally worth the wait. I have NEVER felt this normal or calm in my life.
Thanks to everyone for being there and supporting me all these years, both online and in real life.
1 comments:
Great job, Dinah! I'm so happy for you.
Post a Comment