New Upcycle Ideas 842
1 day ago
I want to start a small garden this year. I'm thinking a cucumber plant, some lettuce, and maybe something else. Simple stuff. Our yard has never had a garden before. It doesn't even have flower beds. Just grass everywhere. When the snow melts I'm going to work on turning the soil in one of the flowerbeds and see how far I get.
I've never really gardened before, but I have recently kept a plant alive in my house for 2 years now so I figure I'm ready for planting veggies.
3 comments:
LOL! I think that earmarks you for being able to grow a garden now. :)
I tend to grow peppers, eggplants, onions, and basil. All seem to be easy for an amateur gardner. Good luck with your garden. I don't think I am going to have time to get around to it this year.
Sounds great!
Tomato plants grow well too (here at least), better in the ground rather than a pot.
The key to gardening outdoors is don't let your garden get too dry. Here it means watering everyday it doesn't rain. I recommend getting something to collect rainwater. Purchasing rain barrels at hardware stores can be stupidly expensive. If you can get your hands on a plastic barrel or large bucket(s) (not used for chemicals) stick each under a downspout and you'll have a full container every time it rains. Just make sure to use frequently, cover or add goldfish to keep the mosquito larva out.
I want to start a herb garden this summer for sure. Herbs cost so much (and go bad so quickly) that I also think it will be a great way to save money. Why not add some herbs to your little garden?
Post a Comment