So, these are the deets of the weekend in Gimli:
Friday - We got gas (20 voucher!) and then dropped Andrew off at Grandma and Grandpa's around 1 PM. We got to Gimli at about 2 PM and checked in. They were running a special where you got a suite, breakfast for 2 and supper for 2 for 120 bucks a night so we immediately jumped on that idea ($266 for the 2 nights). We went up to the room and relaxed. We both had showers and watched TV. S went to the beer vendor to pick up some beers for himself ($21) and got some snacks for the two of us ($7). We went for supper at 6 PM and S had chicken curry and I had the beef tenderloin. We had some drinks at supper too ($25) and then went back to the room. The hotel had free movies you could rent so we started to watch "No Country For Old Men". We both fell asleep before it ended. lol. We're old!
Saturday - We went for a late breakfast @ 10:30 ($7) and then went for a walk around town. We went to the used store (which is my favorite used store ever) and S bought 2 winter coats ($4.50 because they were 50% off). We stopped at the local coffee shop/lounge and S had a latte and I had an Apple Cider (~$5). We went to the liquor mart and i got some wine and S got a couple bottles of beer ($21). I got wine in cans and suprisingly it was quite good! We stopped at the pharmacy because I needed razor blades and shaving foam and we got a paper ($9). We watched the last Indiana Jones movie (which I thought was hella lame) and then we had an earliesh supper (we both had the beef tenderloin) and had some drinks ($20). We were going to go back to the coffee shop/lounge for bevvies but it was closed so we just hung out in the hotel lounge and had more drinks and snacks (about $30, I think). Eventually we got bored and went back to our room.
Sunday - We woke up and lazed around watching tv and checked out. we went for a late breakfast ($10) and then headed home at about 12:30 PM. We picked up Andrew and then came home.
So, the approximate total of the weekend was $420 dollars! That's $47 dollars under what we had planned to spend!!!! We rock. We used the leftover money to order chinese food on Sunday night because neither of us wanted to cook and we still wanted to have the holiday feel. lol.
We really like Gimli and threw around the idea of even moving there sometime in the future. I wish we had remembered to bring the camera because I would have loved to show you guys pictures of our experience. All in all we ate too much and drank too much and i think i gained 5 pounds while we were away...but it was all worth it.
Cheers!
1 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment