dinah34
Friday, March 27, 2009
Bulk Barn is my new favorite store. I am in love with everything about it. For example:
- I love that I can buy as little or as much of something that I want. I was able to buy just enough chili powder to fit the little spice jar (about a handful). Buying that amount ensures that I won't be stuck with a huge package of chili powder that has gone stale and tasteless because I've had it for 3 years. & best of all the chili powder was .57 cents!!!
- I love that the packaging is one plastic bag (which can be reused) and 1 twist tie. Awesome! Our garbage has gone down substantially. Even the items that require a container (ie. honey) are reusable!
- I love that the tellers magically know exactly what I have in the bags...even when it is just a brown powder. How do they do that?
- I love that when I asked where the wheat germ was the employee knew what I was talking about and took me right there.
- I love that the store is bright and nice and super clean.
- I love that we will now have a use for empty mason jars, tomato sauce jars, tins, containers because we are storing the items we've purchased. I've also bought quite a few lovely jars from Value Village. I love buying used and reusing items.
- I love that we can get a little bit of chocolate, and a little bit of sweets, and a little bit of chips for a good price!
- I love that you can grind your own coffee there!
- I love that they often have $5 off coupons in flyers. Love that!
- I love that when I told the teller that I had my own re-usable bag she didn't sigh and glare at me, but rather smiled and said 'Great!'
I can't believe that I haven't shopped there before. Do you have a bulk barn? Do you have a similar store? What is your best score from bulk places?
4 comments:
I too love the bulk barn. Rice is my favorite! So many varieties and you can try just a serving to see if you like it before making an huge 1kg commitment! Do you know that they will give you a 1 cup glass measuring cup so that you can measure what you need for recipes? AMAZING! You never waste money OR food!
My most frequent Bulk Barn items bought are sugar (white and brown), Cashew butter, rice (3 varieties), raisins, craisins, nuts (depends on what we're feeling like) and candy (again, depends on the mood).
I'm glad you enjoy it as much as me! My parents visit only on SRs day to get the further discount. They are weekly visitors!
I used to shop faithfully at a similar bulk store when i lived in England. I think we may have starved if it wasnt for that place and the fabulous prices!!
ive been in our bulk barn only once, ive kind of forgotten about it. there is a new one up in all the new keneston development. I think i need to hit there next week!
Totally jealous! I want a bulk barn in So. California.
I like them too, at least for some things. I love it when they have sales, coupons and bonuses too. I buy my popcorn and nuts there.
Post a Comment