dinah34 Friday, March 13, 2009

I have not mailed J's item (although I did bring home a used mailer that i rescued from the recycling bin from work) and I have not baked anything. I was thinking of baking tomorrow afternoon. We have lots of frozen bananas in the freezer so I could make banana bread. Or I was thinking of making granola bars after being inspired by Saver Queens post about them. The last time I made banana bread Andrew didn't really like it but S sure did! Andrew LOVES granola bars though. He loves them and could eat them 3 or 4 times a day if I'd let him. Although he often cons us into getting them multiple times in a day. He can be quite crafty when he wants to be.

Oh decisions, decisions, decisions.

We went to the lawyers this morning and signed the paperwork to refinance the mortgage this morning. We were in and out in less then half an hour. I was quite impressed. Our lawyer is this funny old man that looks stuck in 1982. He has book cases upon book case of the old fashioned seals for businesses. He's got binders on shelves that are covered in dust and have probably been there since 1982. He still has ashtrays and smokes in his office! Anyways...I am so excited to have taken this step and I can't wait for the money to be paid out and the bills. The lenders requested that our lawyer pay out the car loan, small cc debt and of course the mortgage. After those are paid out there will be a cheque for us for the remainder of the monies (about 10K). Out of that we'll pay the mortgage penalty and the lawyers fees. The remainder will go towards our Consolidation Loan and hopefully slash it in half. By snowballing our payments onto the Consolidation loan it looks like we could easily be free of this debt in 10 months! I am going to do further figuring on all this once I know exactly how much we will be able to put on the Loan, but I'm excited!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

How exciting! 10 months to debt-free - that's amazing! :) It'll be here before you know it. Congrats!!