dinah34 Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I've gotten rid of all the Goals I had lined up in the side bars.

It was too much and it was hard to keep up with...so instead of trying harder...it just made me stop trying altogether. I make goals that are too big and too abstract and then I can't follow them and I get confused and I will forget about 1 and then it just all falls apart. It also get's impossible because every time I post about new goals I make them bigger and better and shinier and more impossibler for me.

I'm going to start small (for real). & I'm going to keep them small (for real) and manageable (for real). I'm also going to keep them for short time frames (for real) and extend as necessary (for real).

This weeks goals (March 10 to 14) -
1. Mail item for J
2. Bake something this week (maybe banana muffins? or banana bread?)

My mind gets muddled very easily and I get discouraged very easily. Sometimes I need to see success everywhere I turn or else the things I fail at overwhelm me and throw me into a state of non-action/spending/binging/feeling sad/feeling anxious/bitching/whatevers.

2 comments:

JACLYN said...

I think that's an excellent plan. I get more done and stay focused when my to-do list has under 6 items. :)

Anonymous said...

I am totally the same way, for sure! I think your revised plan, is a good one! :) Banana bread is always good! :)