1. We have Phosphate Free Dish Detergent. I'm not entirely sure why this is good, but I've heard it is. Probably something do with the fact that it just washes away and leaves nothing behind...or something like that.
2. We compost. We started doing this last Spring and it seems to be going well. We had some smell issues briefly...but it seemed to resolve itself quite nicely. We've even continued composting during the winter. I don't know if the quality of our mud is great, but I'm mainly just pleased because we are keeping compostable food out of landfills.
3. We changed all our light bulbs to the Earth Friendly Light Bulbs last year. My husband actually took the initiative on this one. He even changed our outside lights. Contrary to what people are saying they do work outside...they have trudged on through -50!
4. I take used plastic bags and make plarn. I take the plarn and make lovely and strong re-usable bags.
5. We use only re-usable cotton dishcloths or old towels cut up into squares to do our dishes and general cleaning. In fact, I am still have 2 dishcloths that my mother got for me about 5 years ago. They are faded, but wonderful and trusty. They always get the job done.
0 comments:
Post a Comment