dinah34 Sunday, January 11, 2009


Well, we finally made it to Superstore to do our grocery shop. We hadn't been for a 'proper' shop since before Christmas. The breakdown:

Junk Food
Cookies - 5.00
Tortilla Chips - 3.38
Popcorn - 4.98
Cheesies - 2.26
Guacamole - 4.99
Total - 20.61

Misc.
Pasta - 2.34
Freezer Bags - 5.28
Salsa Verde - 2.29
Peanut Butter - 4.19
Granola Bars - 5.47
Granola Bars - 5.98
Sea Salt - 5.39
Table Salt - 1.02
Sundried Tomato - 3.99
Fruit To Go (They did not have any No-Name ones) - 7.87
1000 island dressing - 2.47
Chicken Broth - 1.67
Taco Seasoning - 1.19
Tin Foil - 3.48
Bulk Almonds - 3.11
Worshehtshchcheire Sauce (spelling is too hard) - 2.39
Bulk Sunflower Seeds - 3.94
Storage Tower* - 32.99
Total -95.06

Dairy
Skim Milk - 1.98
Chocolate Milk - .99
Yogurt - 4.78
Cottage Cheese - 2.58
Cheddar Cheese - 5.89
Parm Cheese - 3.10
Total - 19.32

Canned Goods
Canned Tomatoes - 2.91
Tomato Paste - .52
Total - 3.43

Produce
Mushrooms - 2.41
Celery - 1.28
Avocado - 1.58
Blueberries - 2.98
Oranges - 1.99
Bulk Raisins - 3.21
Green Pepper - .98
White Onion - 1.33
Tomato - 2.98
Red Pepper - 1.80
Yellow Pepper - 1.05
Bananas - 1.42
Fresh Parsley - 1.35
Cantaloupe - 3.10
Total - 27.46

Grains
Wraps - 2.68
Mini Bagels - 6.99
Bulk Brown Rice - .68
Total - 10.35

Meat
2kg Frozen Chicken Breast - 22.99
4 pkgs Hot Italian Sausage - 9.99
Ground Beef - 4.37
Sandwich Meat (Chicken) - 3.47
Sandwich Meat (Roast Beef) - 3.94
Total - 44.76

Cleaning Stuff
Dish Detergent - 6.49
Total 6.49

GST - 3.69
PST - 5.17
Total 236.34

Deductions
Storage Tower - 32.99
Colleague Discount - 22.27
Superbuck - 5.94
Coupon - 5.00

Final Total - $170.14ish
Actually I think I'm out somewhere...it should really be $173. 14 but I am too lazy to go back and re-check everything.

I'm feeling kinda 'meh' about this shop. It really felt like prices were higher then they used to be, but I'm not too sure if that was just me thinking that because of all the media reports or if they really were? Also, $6.49 for dishwasher detergent?? Wazzup with that. $5.98 for No Name freezer bags?? Seems high. Anyways, I've got a good menu planned for the week so I hope it all goes well.

*The Storage Tower is for my job at the church. I will be getting reimbursed for it so I am not going to use it as our grand total. I'm just listing it otherwise I won't be able to do the mathing and it will be all screwy.

0 comments: