dinah34 Friday, January 2, 2009

We booked 2 nights in the sleepy hotel in Gimli. We have booked the 27th (Friday) and the 28th (Saturday) with a return on the 1st (Sunday). I was thinking that we would go for another night, but now I'm not too sure. Hubby will already be missing 3 days of work (he works weekends) so I don't think it's the best choice financially for us.

They only had suites available so it was $100.12 a night. Not too bad. My husband booked over the phone and apparently they have this program for 18 dollars more a night you get lunch and breakfast. They said we could upgrade when we got there if we wanted. If we have a suite though I might just bring good things to eat for breakfast and lunch. My husband is not a big eater anyways, so going out for every meal is usually lost on him.

Gimli is a lovely little town. It is really touristy in the summer because it's right on the lake, but in the winter it's pretty sleepy. We went last year for hubby's birthday and he really likes it there. I'm just glad to go anywhere! lol.

So far the plan looks like this;

Hotel - $230 2/nights
Gas - $60
Supper - $150 2/suppers & evenings out
Misc Spending - $75
Food For Breakfast/Lunch - $50

This all totals $565. We have $320 saved up so that leaves $185** to save up until the last week of February. I think that is a doable amount to save It will be nice to get away! It will be even nicer to go on a holiday that we have saved up for. I'm so proud of us.

**It's only $185 because I have $60 in gas vouchers from Air Miles that should be arriving any day now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great!! Sounds like a lovely time :)

Anonymous said...

You should be proud that you saved up for a nice vacation, hit a goal. Gimli looks like a nice, relaxing place. Have a wonderful time! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun and you're doing a great job saving for it! I bet Gail would be proud...