dinah34 Friday, January 16, 2009

In a nutshell this has been a very quiet week.

Andrew is feeling better. It's been REALLY cold outside. I keep falling asleep at the same time Andrew does. We've been waiting to hear back. I had a good work week. I feel like I am finally starting to find my little bit of a niche there and I'm finally starting to grasp what I do and how I should be doing it (which is kind of sad because I have been there for one and a half years and due to circumstances mainly outside my control I was never properly trained and mostly ignored by supervisory staff until very recently). But excuses aside, I have decided to take CONTROL of my situation and be pro-active. So far it's working.

Crafty wise I have been working on destashing. I have completed 4 dishcloths with cotton leftover from other projects. I am considering selling 3 of them and the 4th is super crazy and is definitely going to be for me. I will will have to take a picture to show everyone what I mean. I'm continuing on with the Round Ripple. I anxious to see how it will turn out.

We got our Hydro Bill yesterday and let me just right now that my January goal of having the Hydro Bill paid in full is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. We had carried over $221 from December (mostly because I suck at paying bills on time and partly because of a mis-communication) and yesterday the bill came in for $390 bucks. That five hundred and some odd dollar bill is about 1/4 of our income. I have already paid $100 off of it and my hope is to only carry over $200 into February if everything goes according to plan. I think next year we will sign up to be on the budget. I thought it would be better this way, but it's really not been. I can't handle the fluctuating bills.

When I logged in to Blogger today I saw that I have 2 followers! 2! that's right 2! I'm a little giddy. Thanks Spots and Lana.

I've been thinking of some BIG stuff lately and hope to get my ideas written down and into my blog in the next few days. There might be more lists involved. :P hah.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays warm wherever they are.

3 comments:

LittleSpots said...

It's so cute you were giddy about your followers. I love all the comments you leave on my blog. It makes me feel like I'm not typing just to myself. Thanks!

Lana said...

:) I've been following you for a while, just didn't have a blogger account.

Anonymous said...

Does your hydro company offer an equal billing option? I know a lot of utilities where I am will offer you equal billing, with only one "variable" bill at the end of the year (to true up the account). Maybe this will help you in the future with your hydro?

Good luck & keep up the good work!