dinah34 Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I know this goal doesn't really fit in with other themes I had picked (ie. Health & Wellness, Money Matters, etc...) but it's something I have certainly been missing in my life.

I used to be a ferocious reader. I read all sorts of everything and I read lots of it. However, since I had Andrew there has been next to no reading.

Last year I think I only read 5 books (& really 2 of those books were from the Twilight series...which practically don't even count). The year before that it was even less. The year Andrew was born the only book I read was HP6. Isn't that sad?

So, I am armed with a library card, practically a whole bookshelf of books I have not read, many friends that have wonderful libraries, and some swagbucks that may or may not be used to purchase some books off of amazon. 25 books in a year is just over 2 books a month. Totally doable. Totally plausible.

& good for the brain.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm sure I read between 75-100 books last year!! I cannot sleep without reading. I've always read myself to sleep.

Northern Living Allowance said...

Excellent! I read so much, I can't imagine not being able to. But I guess having a child has it's own pleasure... ;) Good luck - I'm sure you can do it!

Carrie said...

i miss reading so much. it took me almost 6 months to read 'clan of the cave bear'. i can't blame it all on my kid though. i do spend a lot more time doing other things now...like...surfing the net...

Kathy said...

Why not read at the end of the day? I curl up in bed and read nightly.