dinah34 Friday, January 1, 2010

This year there is so much to say goodbye too. We're saying goodbye to 2009 and to the 2000's as well. This morning it's a whole new decade. This morning it's a whole new year. This morning is an empty slate. Clean and Fresh.

A new year, a new decade, a new day, a new month, brings us to new beginnings. In blog land the minute there is a new beginning of anything we make goals. In real life we make resolutions. On the interwebz we make lists and lists of what we will achieve and then promptly not follow through with anything. Or at least I do.

I looked at what my goals for 2009 were and in typical dinah fashion I did not follow through on any of them. It's not like they were stupid goals. It's not like they didn't apply to my life. It's not like they were unachievable. I just lost focus--as usual.

This year, for 2010, I don't want to jump into anything. I don't want to panic and write something just because that's what everyone else is doing. I really need to sit down and examine what I need to work on in 2010 and what I want to work on. I need to have a plan with steps, not just a vague statement. I want to work on what I am passionate about. I want to change myself and the world and my family.

I'm going to hopefully have about a weeks worth of meditative and reflective blog posts detailing what's going to happen in 2010. This might look like a month by month strategy. Or something more open, without any numerical boundaries.

I believe I want to focus on these areas in 2010:

1. Health & Wellness
2. Being Green
3. Money Matters
4. Career & Business
5. God's Call

These are basically what I presently blog about, so my first challenge is to learn how to translate my ramblings into something concrete that I can and will follow through with.

I want 2010 to be the year of action for dinah.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Dinah!!!

I'm rootin for yah! :)