dinah34 Sunday, March 28, 2010

In Reflecting With God, Abigail Johnson discusses what it means to reflect theologically in the simplest terms. She is clear to assert that "we are theologically reflecting when we ask, "where is God in this?" and/or "what does God want me to learn from this?" These 2 questions are essentially the basis for all theological study by theologians (which she defines as anyone who intentionally reflects on their faith in conjunction with biblical texts and then attempts to bring that knowledge & faith into their daily life). Johnson goes on to add some further questions that can provide a deeper understanding. The further questions are as follows,

  • Where is God for others?
  • What biblical texts come to mind?
  • What theological themes or concepts come to mind?
  • What church traditions connect with the event?
I want to attempt to apply this idea, this reflection, and this study to an aspect of my daily life. It's hard to decide what to reflect on. I know I desperately want to figure out where God is in my Full time work. & what God wants me to learn about the death of my Father. & where is God in regards to my mental health issues. I also want to know where exactly God is in my marriage, my parenting, my hobbies, my blog, my crafting, my everything.

It's hard to pick. Any ideas?

0 comments: