dinah34 Monday, March 1, 2010


I've avoided my blog and avoided writing this post for over a week now. I miss my blog and I miss writing posts for it, but I know how unfair it would be to not write this post about my dad.

On Friday, February 19 my Father passed away of cardiac arrest at his house at the age of 57. It was very sudden and everyone is devastated. My mother, my grandmother, Andrew, Steve, and my mothers siblings were all in shock for many days.

Andrew especially misses his grandfather. He was there when Grandpa had the heart attack and Grandma had to phone 911. He was there when the first responders arrived and worked on him. He was there at the hospital when the doctors told us that he passed away. He was there when we said good bye at the hospital and saw the body. He was there at the funeral with us all, celebrating Grandpa's life. He has asked many, many, many, many questions and wonders often who will make pancakes now and why doesn't God bring Grandpa back to life. I can imagine how confusing it all is to Andrew, but it's so hard for me hearing him ask question after question about Grandpa. Every morning he asks me if I'm still sad. It's heartbreaking.

I miss my Dad so much. He was a quirky odd man, but he was my father and I loved him so much. I'm going to miss his funny sayings (including "stop looking at me in that tone of voice"), his cooking (he made the best lasagna ever), his mustache and beard, and the fact that if I ever needed help my Daddy would be there.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

My heart breaks for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dinah...

This post brought tears to my eyes.

I cannot imagine what you must be going through.

My thoughts are with you!

*big hugs*

Northern Living Allowance said...

Dinah, I am so very sorry to hear this! My heart is breaking for you all. Let your emotions guide you through this time and don't try to be 'strong' for anyone. Please allow your grief to just be what it is.

You are so amazing to keep talking with Andrew about this; he is a remarkable little boy to have been there for everything.

Thinking of you. {{{hugs}}}

Rina said...

I am so terribly sorry. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss. Many prayers. *hug*

Angela and Luc Doiron said...

I'm very sorry. Lotsa hugs.

macnic said...

I am so sorry. I hope things are a bit better now.