dinah34 Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Continuing on with places to visit...

The Lake District - Everyone tells me that this area is absolutely beautiful and a definite must see when visiting England so we're going to make the journey. Google Maps tells me that it is just over 1 hour to Windermere which is the In-Laws favorite spot in the Lake District. There's a lovely PDF brochure about Windermere. It sounds like a lovely place for a summer visit with swimming, hiking, and many things for kids to do (including a Beatrix Potter world and adventure playland). I think 1 night and 2 days there would be fun.


Chester - Husband has a cousin that lives in Chester & it's only about an hour from Preston so it's a definite day trip. It's a walled city and I love what the VisitChester website says about it: "Chester - old enough to make your spine tingle, yet young enough in spirit to be effortlessly fashionable." So far I've found an awesome looking Aquarium, an authentic Mexican Restaurant (which is a favourite kind of food for me--and I'm sure after days and days of pub food I'll be ready for a good taco), and a zoo. I think it will be fun for a day trip.



0 comments: