
I’m going to do my VERY FIRST craft sale in early May. I’m sharing the table with another crafter so the investment is minimal—only 10 dollars plus snacks.
Now the questions begin. What to sell? Should I be madly making more crafts? Should I be making different items? How should I price things? How should I display them? What should I use for a money box? What about getting across my upcycling without sounding horribly crunchy? What about business cards? How much change should I bring? Should I buy other crafters stuff? Should I even do this? *Gulp*
There I go. Over thinking again. It’s silly to get so worked up over a craft sale, huh?
I will definitely bring & am thinking of these prices:
- Mesh Bags (I have 3 of them I think)—$10
- Plarn Bags (I have 2 of them made—will work on more by May)—$15 to $20 (size dependant)
- Dishcloths (I have over a dozen of those)—$2 each or $5 for 3
- Scarves & Toques (I have a couple of these that I made. I know it’s the wrong season…but just in case I start running out of product I’ll bring them)—between $15 to $20 (again size dependent)
I definitely want to bring more stuff at a variety of price points. However, the goal (as always) is to destash. I have so much thread that I have promised myself that I won’t buy anymore until I use it all (although that is not stopping me from taking free sweaters to unravel)
Things I am thinking of making to sell provided I can find nice patterns:
- Slippers - http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat1.htm
http://stashaholic.com/2005/03/03/finally--something-for-me.aspx?62ab45d0 - Baby Booties - http://my-pattern.blogspot.com/2007/07/baby-flower-sock.html
http://megan.cc/BooteeDaisy/ - Summer hats (but I don’t have any cotton so they would be in acrylic…which would give them a wintry feel)
- Tea Cosies
- Fruit Sweaters
Really, I just hope to break even.
If anyone has display advice or pricing advice or any kind of craft sale advice I’m all ears.
Cheers!
1 comments:
Oooh, good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it (as I've never done a craft fair either). Take pics and report back here!
I used to work CGTA (Canadian Gift and Tablewear Association) trade shows in Toronto and Vancouver and at the end of the shows we'd run around and trade whatever was leftover. That's how I acquired my $200 bread knife.
I think you should work on the plarn and mesh bags and those fruit sweaters rockt too (save me a few!).
Post a Comment