Here's the truth about knitting. It terrifies me. Totally terrifies me. But at the same time I see so many beautiful patterns that I want to make. So. Many. Things. Welcome to 'Carrie's Knitting 101'. I plan to watch some how-to videos and then buy knitting needles and attempt to make something.
Knitting 101
Getting started - This is how you Cast On
Basic Stitches - Continental Method of Knit Stitch & Continental Method of Purl Stitch
Finishing - This is how you Cast Off
Okay, now that we've got that out of the way...what am I going to make? Hah!
This would be a good project to learn how to increase...but increasing is too scary for a first project.
I'm looking around...but everything seems so involved and complicated.
This looks exactly like something I want to do...but I'm terrified for knitting with 4 needles. eeks.
What does everyone suggest for a first project...remember though...I'm not allowed to buy anymore thread. I'm in destash mode so a smaller project is preferred. Give me ideas!
PS. This just occured to me...do left handed folks knit differently then right handed folks? Gah. So much to think about.
1 comments:
Make the idiot's dishcloth. I made a ton of those a few years ago and use them every day in the kitchen.
Still can't knit worth a darn though.
Post a Comment