dinah34 Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today I wish Husband & Andrew a bon voyage as they begin their journey to the UK.  They are going ahead of me to spend extra time with Husbands parents and his friends.  Today they are going to Calgary and then flying out of Calgary on a direct flight to Manchester.

Andrew has been sooooo excited for days.  Husband has been excited as well (even though he wouldn't admit it).  The last few days have been a flurry of packing, making arrangements, and trying to get everything finished before they leave (which might have included making sure we watched the last 8 episodes of LOST and me making sure that the computer is functioning properly before my Computer Tech is not here--hah!).

Now that they are on that plane and on their way, it does feel pretty quiet here at home.  I have so much that I want to tackle while they are gone, but at the same time it feels like there is just wide open space until I leave in June.  So far, and it's only been about 5 hours since they left, I feel quite empty.  I've cleaned the living room, most of the kitchen, had a shower,  phoned my good friend & my mom & my grandma, and now I've settled in to watch TNG and crochet.  But, something doesn't feel as relaxing as I'd expected.  I suppose (& hope) that I will find my groove and count down the days until it's my turn to leave for the UK.  There's not too many to go now.

0 comments: