dinah34 Saturday, May 1, 2010

Isn't it beautiful? My grandma gave it to me.


My grandma is preparing to move in with one of her daughters and so she has been de-cluttering. She is slowly going to send over her dining room set, which also has a china cabinet and intricate table/chairs. She has said for many years that the set will be mine and I feel so blessed for her to want to give it to me.

They purchased the set in the 1950's, but my Grandma figures it was made in the 30's or the 40's. There is some damage to the front on the left hand side, but it just makes me love it more. It's been well loved and used all these 60 years by our family.


I'm not sure what exactly I want to put on it yet, but it has made a great spot to store my many library books and Andrew's DVDs from the library. Isn't it funny that next to it you can see Andrew's toy box and his toys already being stored underneath. :P

I've also been excitedly waiting for the china cabinet to arrive because then the bookcase that has been masquerading as my china cabinet can go back to being a bookcase and all will be right with the world.

This is the china cabinet/bookcase. My mom had it for many years and gave it to me when she was given a proper china cabinet. I'm excited for it to be able to hold books. It's great because it keeps the dust off books and keep them looking new for longer.

I am feeling so blessed today.

2 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

What gorgeous pieces! Years of beauty, use and memories of your Grandma ahead. Lovely.

Erin Wallace said...

Your sideboard is incredible! What a precious gift for your grandmother to give you!

Thank you for following my blog; I really do appreciate it when I get a new follower!