Hah! Remember when I used to make posts about money and the state of my financial affairs? I kind of fell off the personal finance blog-wagon. It's been a long time friends.
Well, I have some confessions to make.
In the past year our debt has not gone down.
In the past year our debt has not remained the same.
In fact, our debt has grown. Our credit cards carry balances, our LOC balance has increased. Some examples? The Yurt we rented went on CC, big dinners out with visiting friends went on the CC, the passport application fees went on our CC.
I know what Gail would say. I can hear her voice right now, "you can't spend more then you make" &; "you can't afford that" &; "you have to learn how to live on a budget" and so on. I can even SEE her cringing. But, we just can't stop spending.
We have our big trip to the UK coming up quick and while the flights are completely paid for and we have about 1K for spending money. I have a very good feeling that some of the expenses will be going on a CC.
It's hard to get out of and yet so easy to get into. I'm working on a plan that we can actually follow through with and succeed at. No get out of debt quick schemes for us. Slow and steady are going to win the race.
2 comments:
But you are not going to the UK. So you confessed up about your debt. Get that plan working, girlie! Your family will be so much better for it in the end after sacrificing to pay it off.
Its just like weight on women (men lose it too easily): easy to put on and a bitch to take it off.
Hope all is well.
i'm going to the UK, i'm just not leaving for another couple of weeks. Husband and Andrew have gone ahead of me to spend time with family and friends.
i am thinking and working on a plan for us. i think it (partially) comes down to making more dough.
Post a Comment