
I have not purchased any new yarn/thread/crafty materials since before December. YAHOO for me!! I haven't even missed purchasing anything new. I'm beginning to think that as long as I stay away from Value Village and Salvation Army I will probably be okay.
Things have been slow going...mostly because I am not usually in the crocheting mood right after the Christmas Madness. I have made 3 dishcloths so far out of cotton I had leftover and I have started a round ripple afghan. I'm so excited to start another one seeing as how I fell in love with pattern on the baby blanket I made.
It's going to be a mish mash of colours because I'm going to use all the old acrylic and unknown fibers I have kicking around and I have accumulated quite a bit over the years. It will be an excellent destashing project, freeing up at least half of one of my tubs.
I've got red, beige, grey, mauve, black, and green lined up so far. I don't tend to use that stuff for my projects anymore (aside from slippers). I think because I've become a bit of a yarn snob. Acrylic just seems so....unpopular these days.
I'm not very far in, only 9 rounds. I've got about a 100 more to go because I want to make this big enough for a bed. & if that becomes too ambitious (or I run out of yarn) I definitely want to make it a good sized lap blanket.
This project is for ME. That's right ME. It's been so long since I've made anything that is just for myself.
Little Spots has a little link love in her 'Whatcha Working on Wednesday' post. Thanks for the LOVE hon! Make sure you check out her Etsy Shop--AngelaSpots. It's a good place. My favourite is this upcycled Felted Market Tote. I wish I could felt the way she does. My felting experiments have always just been disasters.
In other Etsy News Thistledown & Finch had her Louisa Bag featured on the Front Page. Congrats to you T&F!
3 comments:
Cool project. It's very pretty. I am thinking about taking up knitting myself. Found some great projects I want to start.
Ugh! So many projects and not enough time. lol!
Can't wait to see the finished project.
What a lovely colour! Always great to have a ME project on the go and such a creative outlet!
Look forward to seeing the finished product! :)
Congratulations on starting a project just for yourself. I wish you all the best at finishing it.
Thanks for the plug. :)
Post a Comment