dinah34
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Today was a success! There was 14 children today! (12 kids and 2 babies) The adults all seemed to enjoy themselves too.
Some thoughts:
- 1 hour is too long...next month we should aim for 40-45 minutes
- Story time is a HIT....find an awesome story for next month
- Kids like to plant their seeds and then dump the mud into the flower bed and ask for more mud and seeds
- I need to learn to preside rather then babysit...
- Next month the kid that holds the banner should just stand with it at the front instead of trying to walk around with the ginourmous banner that is 3 times bigger then he is....although it was funny to see him walk into people and tables
- Andrew should not have 2 donuts right before Family Sunday service.
- We need more activities for the adults to do in the service....I don't want them just sitting there the entire time.
I think for next month the theme is going to be "Sending Christian Greetings". We'll draw pictures, write letters, make cards (or something) to our 'sister' church in Cuba (and pray that they make it through customs) and to my aunts church in Calgary. I think it would be an excellent way to introduce the children the world 'out there' so we can move more into Mission and Service stuff.
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment