dinah34
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
I got paid today and saw my pay stub and I realized that I've gotten my yearly increment increase. Although I'm not entirely too sure why...I'm running with it. My increase has upped my pay by $5 so I'm implementing one of Gails ideas again.
Live on your pre-raise income. If you get a cost-of-living increase or a performance raise pretend you didn't and save the extra money you're bringing home each
pay.
I really like this way of saving. You don't feel like you're 'missing' out on anything because you never had the money in the first place. Your incoming money stays the same but your savings increases with virtually no hardship to you.
So, I've set up my 10 weeks of automatic transfers into our savings account for $45 a week. The distribution will be as follows:
$20 EF ($80 a month = $960 a year)
$20 Holiday Fund ($110 a month = $1320 a year)
$2 House Repair/Maintenance Fund ($8 a month = $96 a year)
$3 Car Repair/Maintenance Fund ($12 a month = $144 a year)
$45 a week = $210 a month = $2520 a year
Seeing the numbers out there in print makes everything so much more real and inspiring. :)
3 comments:
Hurrah!! Your new savings are great and even a little bit helps and keeps the motivation going.
Congrats! :)
You inspire me, you know that? I will tell you why soon, it deserves a post of its own!
@FD - awww shucks. thanks for the ego stroking. sometimes i feel like my inroads to living better financially are not the greatest. now i'm curious about how i inspire you.
@ NLA - i know what you mean about even the small increases helping you to stay motivated. it's true!
Post a Comment