dinah34 Wednesday, June 17, 2009


I planted red pepper plants yesterday. I put them in a big planter (the one I was going to plant potatoes in but decided against potatoes). I put them in full sun (which the tag said they liked) and I am praying they grow.

My basil is still so small. So. Small. It's been almost a month now!

Andrew's radishes are doing very good. I never thought they would grow so fast and so well! I picked radishes for the kids to plant because the germination period was quite short and I thought the kids would appreciate seeing something grow right away. I thought for sure Andrew would under water them or over water them or tip the pot over or eat the mud or put his toys in the pot or something...but it doesn't seem to matter what we do, the radishes keep growing.

Now, here's my secret.

I don't like radishes. Never have. Never will.

What does one do to eat radishes? What does one put them in? When will they be ready to pick?

Hulp?

PS. What should I plant next. I have one mediumish (maybe on the small side) planter left.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You're so much more practical than me. When I see a planter I think pretty flowers.

Laura said...

I'm with you on the dislike of radishes. I wouldn't know when to pull them out, I'm still trying to figure out how I'll know when my potatoes are done. Trial and Error baby!

One Ive been enjoying growing this year is cabbage (I can't stand cabbage!) Although I won't eat it, it is so beautiful. I think it will have a permanent place in my veggie bed year after year. Hmmm, maybe the husband will make some coleslaw out of it....