dinah34 Thursday, November 6, 2008


Johnny Cash-- Hurt

Every time I hear this song I thing of Phillips.

Phillips was singer I met right after the debacle of Serge and right before Chris. He was gorgeous and smart and funny and intelligent and best of all he liked me. We never really went out, but we hung out and fooled around for a few weeks. They were an amazing few weeks. We talked for hours about incredibly serious topics and he sang to me and I sang back and he encouraged me to sing even though I am tone deaf, we went out and had fun. He had just broken up with a girl and I was still screwed up from Paul.

After the whole bizarre courtship-that-didn't-go-anywhere ended we decided to be friends and one night he took me to meet his friends where I saw this video for the first time.

I remember it being on the computer and me and Phillips stood in the doorway and watched it. It's overwhelming and powerful and I remember we held hands and felt sobered by the beauty of the song and the beauty of the graphics.

That moments is frozen in time for me. It was short. 4 Minutes only. But it was a long 4 minutes.

0 comments: