I get my yearly raise from the government on my next paycheque (November 26). I desperately want to implement Gail's simple idea to live on your pre-raise income. It's such a simple idea that it is absolutely brilliant and a must to follow through with.
From what I can gather it will be an extra 20 dollars a cheque...so 40 dollars a month. Now, I know that Gail & others would advocate that we use it to pay down debt or improve our emergency fund...but i have a different plan for this money. Steve and I are planning on taking a little mini holiday in February (nothing exciting--just a few nights away from it all in Gimli or Brandon or a cabin--in honour of Christmas/Valentines/Steve's Birthday) and while I have already started saving for this holiday I am going to apply my raise money towards it as well. It should add about 150 dollars to the holiday fund. Pretty Sweet!
I'll blog more about the trip when I know more.
Cheers!
1 comments:
Woohoo for the raise :)
I think your idea for applying the extra money to your holiday fund is a good one. It works for you, and that's the important part.
Post a Comment