Andrew sees me crocheting all the time and demands that I make him various items. He especially remembers that last year I crocheted 2 hats for him. Often I ignore his requests or tell him what I'm making is for grown ups and he loses interest right away.
Last week he started in on the 'make me a hat mommy' routine and I have to admit that I caved. I finished the scarf I was working on and starting in on making him a variation of this hat pattern. I made him a similar one last year that matched his winter coat. I wanted to make one this year that matched his Fall Jacket. I think it turned out pretty good.
As soon as I finished it he wanted to put it on and got very excited every time i tested out the size on his head while I was still working on it.
The original pattern doesn't have the ear flaps, it has the brim instead but I remembered from last year that the brim made it too bulky for such a little head and I wanted something that would keep his little ears warm.
I get to show you guys the pictures of the hat and scarf but it's also a good time to show off my little boy.
2 comments:
Cute! Nice work!
Aww, too cute! Lovely hat, and I love the yarn, too. A year or two ago, my ds was all, "Mom, make me a hat!" So I did, and then he refused to wear it. Hmph.
Post a Comment