dinah34 Saturday, October 11, 2008



My house is pretty chilly right now. We resisted turning the heat on as long as we could. I turned it on this afternoon (after a week of it being between 3 and 7 degrees outside) but have set it to only go on when the inside house temperature goes under 18 degress celsius. I figure that's a good compromise.

The laminate floor has been so chilly and my feet have been so cold and since I refuse to wear socks until it snows I decided to crochet some slippers. I've tried making slippers before, but they never seem to work for me. They stretch or end up warped. Last year I had decided not to make any more...but my feet have been so chilly. I started making these last night and finished early this afternoon. They feel tight for now and I hope they don't stretch. My feet are currently toasty warm!


Andrew watched me crochet the slippers and now he wants a pair. I went on crochet pattern central and I'm going to attempt these slippers for him. I hope they work. He'll like them even if they're not perfect. That's the beauty of having children. :)

Cheers!

PS. These slippers are upcycled because they are made from used yarn. I picked it up at a second hand store a few weeks back.

PPS. Can someone tell me if these pictures are ETSY worthy?

1 comments:

UberJeanie said...

Yes, I would totally say that your pictures are Etsy worthy, and the crafts are of stellar quality. I'd be proud to have any of your slippers or dishclothes or scarves. :-)