
I love making Dishcloths. I love the simplicity, the beauty, the colours, the sizes, the variety. I love working with the cotton. I espeically love the variegated cotton. I think it looks so pretty and bright. I always think of warm sunny days when I see all the different colour combinations.
I started crocheting Dishcloths about 5 years ago. When I was a novice crocheter they were about the only project that I could ever finish. Now I like them because it is a good way to try out new stitches and patterns. If you're not sure how to make a cluster stitch or a double treble crochet then a dishcloth is the perfect way to try it out. It's even more appropriate if you're not sure if you would be able to read say, a diamond pattern for a larger project. Try it out with a dishcloth! If worse comes to worse you just unravel a dozen short rows and pick another pattern. Crochet Pattern Central has loads to choose from or if you want you can make your own. It's easy enough to do. Just pick a stitch and away you go.
I always give dozens as Christmas gifts every year. It's become 'my' thing now. My grandma claims she has too many now and my friends get upset if they don't get a pair at Christmas. So far this year I haven't been crocheting any. I haven't had time...and my crocheting skills and ability to read patterns have both drastically improved so I've been making slippers and hats and bags and other more complicated items. But when I get frustrated with a pattern or don't know what to make next, I always return to the Dishcloth. :)
I hope you enjoy the pictures. Cheers!

0 comments:
Post a Comment